Friday, January 13, 2012
Wind chill of 5 to 10 below zero possible Friday night, Saturday morning.
According to the National Weather Service, Thursday’s snowstorm brought more than six inches of the white stuff to Romeoville. But this week’s winter weather doesn’t stop there. A hazardous weather outlook issued for the area is predicting extreme cold, with possible wind chill values of 5 to 10 below zero Friday night and into Saturday morning. More light snow is possible Saturday, with accumulation of up to one inch in the Romeoville area.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Gusts of up to 50 mph possible today and tonight.
The National Weather Service in Romeoville has issued a wind advisory, predicting gusts of up to 50 mph Thursday afternoon and evening. The advisory is in effect from 2 p.m. Thursday to 5 p.m. Friday. More wet weather is also headed this way, with a 60 percent chance of rain and possible thunderstorms on Thursday. Friday’s forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of rain, with highs around 60 degrees and wind gusts of up to 40 mph. The weather could clear up in time for the weekend, with the forecast showing only a 20 percent chance of showers Saturday and highs in the upper 50s. Sunday is expected to be mostly sunny with highs in the lower 60s.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
According to the National Weather Service, a winter storm will hit the area around 6 p.m.
Another winter storm is heading Romeoville's way. Meteorologist Charles Mott of the National Weather Service said a winter weather advisory will take effect at 6 p.m. Wednesday for the Joliet area. Temperatures will hover around 20 degrees overnight, with three to five inches of snow accumulation, Mott said. The advisory is in effect until noon Thursday. Friday's forecast calls for sunshine, but the white stuff could be back by Sunday, Mott said. "There's a chance of more snow Sunday and Monday," he noted.