Valley View School District 365-U serves nearly 18,000 students from Romeoville, Bolingbrook and portions of Plainfield, Lockport and Downers Grove. It has 20 campuses, including an early learning center and two high schools, in Bolingbrook and Romeoville. The area's explosive growth has created a diverse student population in the district, where more than 20 different languages are spoken.
In addition to its regular education programs, Valley View offers interventions for preschool students with special needs, as well as an alternative middle school and high school program at its Phoenix Experience campus in Bolingbrook.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk access
- Founding Date: 1972
- Number of students: 17,765
- Male-to-female ratio: 9,083:8,680
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 89.4
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20.0 in elementary; 17.3 in secondary
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 1,114
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Valley View schools are involved in community service projects and have partnered with local businesses to benefit area residents.
- What makes this community special?: Valley View School District boasts a diverse population of students and staff. The district has seen enormous growth over the last 20 years and continues to grow. Today, nearly 18,000 students are enrolled in Valley View schools.