Romeoville High School, the home of the Spartans, serves students in the Valley View School District. A member of the Southwest Prairie Conference, the school offers a wide range of athletics, as well as dozens of clubs and extra-curricular activities. The campus has an active alumni association and RHS Booster Club. In addition to its core curriculum, RHS offers programs including fire science, culinary arts, fashion and ROTC. The school also partners with nearby Joliet Junior College to offer dual-credit courses.
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk access
- Number of students: 1,799
- Male-to-female ratio: 960:839
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 86.5
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17.3
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: Principal Derek Kinder said students at RHS are a tight-knit bunch. "The way they all accept each other and embrace each other, it really is a family atmosphere," Kinder added.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: RHS' advanced placement offerings include U.S. history, European history, biology, English, calculus, chemistry, music theory and physics.
- Extracurricular activities available: Yes
- Student clubs: The school offers a wide range of activities, from art club to chess, choir, drama, the Business Professionals Association, Interact, Key club and the Best Buddies mentoring program.
- Sports teams: Spartan athletics include basketball, cheerleading, football, wrestling, soccer, cross country, softball, tennis and the Spartanettes pom/dance team. For a complete list of athletics, visit the RHS website.