Founded in 1900, Rasmussen College opened its Romeoville campus in early 2010. The campus is one of 21 locations nationwide, offering degree programs in health information technology, medical administration, medical assisting, pharmacy technician, business management, accounting, early childhood education, criminal justice, paralegal, information systems management and multimedia technologies. The college also offers 40 degree programs online, and partners with numerous Illinois universities as an online service provider. Tuition is all inclusive, covering all courses, books and access to a 24-hour online portal with database access and online tutoring.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2010
- Number of students: 400
- Male-to-female ratio: 3:7
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 47
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 45
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Rasmussen's Romeoville campus partners with community organizations and local schools to host fundraisers and events and serves as a drop-off point for the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots program and Operation Support Our Troops.
- What makes this community special?: Campus Director Amy King said Rasmussen is career focused, with the goal of helping students achieve employment after graduation. Most of its staff members hold master's degrees or higher, and many have real-life experience in their field, King added.
- Degrees: Professional, Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Summer studies
- Percent minority: 29
- Campus housing: No
- Sports teams: None
- Early decision: No