Named after the 100-year anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Independence Elementary School educates children from kindergarden through fifth grade. Part of the Valley View School District, the school was founded in 1976 and was remodeled in 2006 to better serve a growing student population.
The school is located off of South Orchard Drive and has a friendly staff of teachers and administrators that seek to enhance the lives and education of their students. The school also offers a bi-lingual program for its students.
- Fax: 630-759-6366
- Hours: Normal office hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm School hours: Mon - Fri, 9:05am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk access
- Number of students: 732
- Male-to-female ratio: 373 boys: 359 girls
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school participates in a number of community programs and even runs an ice cream social for the community.
- What makes this community special?: The school prides itself on the support it provides its children and the care the staff puts forward in its day-to-day activities.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: No
- Features: Cafeteria, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: The school runs a number of extracurricular clubs and organizations, which can be found on the school's Web site.
- Sports teams: None