Let the countdown begin: In less than one week, the Denver Broncos will face the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl. And the Vegas oddsmakers have installed the Broncos as a three-point favorite.
Do you agree with the oddmakers? Who are you rooting for to win the big game? The gentleman quarterback, Peyton Manning of the Broncos? Or the outspoken/trash talking defensive back, Richard Sherman of the Seahawks?
Let us know in the comments thread below.
And, to help you prepare for the big game, you’ll want to mull over some of these Super Bowl fun facts, courtesy of Kidzworld.com, and snack recipe ideas from Patch:
- 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday
- 14,500 tons of chips are eaten along with that guacamole
- Of the top 10 most-watched American television programs of all time, nine of them are Super Bowls
- During the first half, Bolingbrook’s own Weather Tech will be featured in an ad paying tribute to American-made products and American workers
- Which team has played in four Super Bowls but has never led at any point during any of the games? (Answer: Minnesota Vikings)
- Which player has won the Super Bowl MVP three times? (Answer: Joe Montana)
MAKE IT YOURSELF: The Best Super Bowl Snack Recipes
- Search for Local Jobs (A tool to help you find employment)
- Buy-Sell-Trade (An online community swap shop)
- Business Listings (A directory of local businesses)
The Patch User Guide
- Town Square (A place for you to post anything you want)
- Events Calendar (A place to post upcoming local events)
- Start Blogging (A forum to share your expertise on a particular subject or an area of interest)