House, cars burglarized
- Burglars struck a home in the 700 block of Geneva and stole a television, laptop, video game systems, cash and other items valued at a total of $3,000, police said. According to police, the thieves entered through an unlocked back door.
- Several cars were burglarized in the Honeytree subdivision, police said. The windows of vehicles parked on the street and in several driveways were smashed, and several GPS units valued at between $300 and $500 were stolen.
- A thief or thieves broke the lock to get into a car parked in the driveway of the 200 block of Coral Reef, stealing a radio and several tools, police said. Cost to repair the lock and replace the items is estimated at $1,450.
- A vandal smashed a passenger’s side window on a car parked at a business in the 1000 block of Lakeview and stole a purse. The cost to repair the window and the value of the contents of the purse is estimated at $850.
- An unknown object was used to break the window of a car parked in front of a house in the 0-100 block of Austrian Drive. A GPS unit, MP3 player and radar detector were stolen. Cost to repair the window and replace the items is $850, police said.
A vandal used an unknown object to damage the windshield and roof of a vehicle in a public parking area at Route 53 and University Parkway, police said, causing $300 worth of damage.