Romeoville High School has announced a full week of Homecoming activities the week of Sept. 16 culminating in a Friday night football game and the traditional Saturday night dance.
This year’s theme, Space Jam, will feature a host of activities each day:
- Monday, Sept. 16—Students are encouraged to wear their favorite college attire during the day. At 7 p.m., a movie will be shown outside on a big screen behind the bleachers on the Rt. 53 side of the football field. Concession will be available.
- Tuesday, Sept. 17—Daytime attire will focus on a Hawaiian luau. At 6 p.m., the varsity girls volleyball team will play in the main gym.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18--Crazy Day with mismatched clothes. The annual Homecoming Carnival will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in the RHS field house. Admission is $1 plus students will have to pay to play games or purchase food. Bring a white t-shirt to decorate in your class colors.
- Thursday, Sept. 19--Twin Day during the day. Staff vs. Alumni Soccer at 5 p.m. followed by the Girls Powder Puff football game at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
- Friday, Sept. 20--White Out Day plus the student-only pep assembly at 1p.m. where the King and Queen will be announced. The RHS sophomores and varsity will meet Oswego on the football field. The varsity kickoff will be at approximately 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 21—Homecoming Dance at 7 p.m. at the school. Doors will open at 6:45 p.m. Tickets are $25 and must be paid with cash only. Non-RHS students need to have guest request form filled out by Friday, Sept. 13.