Noting the temperatures are unusual so late in the summer, the NWS warns that the heat index could reach or exceed 100 degrees, particularly on Tuesday.
A high of 93 is predicted for Monday. The rest of the week's forecasted highs are: 94 on Tuesday, 90 on Wednesday, 89 on Thursday and 89 on Friday.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these tips on how to stay safe in the heat:
- Drink more fluids, specifically those that don't contain alcohol or large amounts of sugar.
- Stay indoors, in an air-conditioned place, if possible.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothes.
- Limit your outdoor activity to morning and evening hours, and cut down on exercise, if possible.
Related: A Hot Car Can Be Deadly; Keep Kids and Pets Safe