As the dog days of summer wind down, the children get back in a school routine and the calendar nears September, perhaps you find yourself with a little free time on your hands today and you’re looking to lose yourself in good book.
Why not start here?
- How the Light Gets In: A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel
- Night Film: A Novel
- Help for the Haunted: A Novel
- The Returned
- Burial Rites: A Novel
- Margot: A Novel
- Songs of Willow Frost: A Novel
- Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital
- A House in the Sky: A Memoir
A Little Shopping First?
Farmer's Market: Begins at 4 p.m. Thursday (Aug. 22) at The Promenade Bolingbrook, 631 E. Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. The market is open every Thursday until Oct. 3.