Meditation is defined as a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or as an end in itself.
I know this now because I looked it up on Wikipedia.
Why? Because I wanted to find out if a free Sahaja Yoga Meditation class for beginners might be something I would be interested in—or perhaps you would consider giving a try. Did I mention it’s free?
And the class I’m referring to—which runs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. every Tuesday at the Downers Grove Public Library (1050 Curtiss St.)—is described as one that can help heal illnesses, sharpen focus and clarity, inspire creativity and improve your personality and relationships.
Sounds like a panacea, no? For more information, click here.
Express your views on a variety of topics in one of our open forums:
- Spartans: Romeoville High School Sports 2013-14
- What’s Cooking?
- Rville Book Club: What Are You Reading?
Headlines: Our Newsletter Overfloweth
- Big Chains in Town Move to Private Insurance Exchanges
- Bears Notch a Primetime Win Over the Steelers
- Simple Dinner Tips for School Nights