Buying a home can be an overwhelming task, especially to the first time home buyer. Finding an experienced agent to help you navigate through the process will be the best decision you make when you decide it's time to start looking for your new home. There are many benefits to using a Realtor and I will mention a few of them below:
1. Realtors have access to every home that is on the market via the MLS (multiple listing service).
2. Ability to combine your wish list with your price range
3. Knowledge of different neighborhoods & recent comparables (similar homes that have sold & for how much)
4. Ability to negotiate the offer with the seller on your behalf
5. Ability to find out "key" information from sellers' agents that a buyer working alone may not be able to find out or know to ask
6. Expertise to negotiate the deal to close
7. Knowledgable with short sales & foreclosures that dominate the Will County market
8. Ability to refer wonderful & qualified inspectors, mortgage brokers & real estate attorneys'
9. Objective professonal advice when buyers have "buyers remorse".