Will County Residents in Top 25 Percent of State's Healthiest
Will hits the top 25 out of 102 counties in Illinois.
A recent study lists Will County residents as in the top 25 percent of the healthiest in the state. We rank 25th most healthy out of 102 counties, according to The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
The report also provides a snapshot of health statistics for Will County. Here are a few:
- 31 percent of Will County adults are obese
- 25 percent of Will County adults lack physical activity
- 18 percent of Will County adults smoke
- 22 percent of Will County adults drink excessively
- 12 percent of Will County residents are uninsured
- 11 percent of Will County children live in poverty
The survey was based on several factors, including length of life, quality of life, clinical care, health behaviors, socio-economic factors and physical environment.