Mayor Lauds New Jobs Created in 2012
In the annual state of the village address, Mayor John Noak said 90 new businesses coming to town last year generated more than 800 new positions.
Romeoville Mayor John Noak presented the annual state of the city address Tuesday. What follows is a summary of the speech released by the village:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013, Romeoville Mayor John Noak presented the State of the Village address to more than 400 business leaders, elected officials, and citizens at Lewis University's JFK Sports Center. Special guests in attendance included U.S. Congressman Dan Lipinski, U.S. Congressman Bill Foster, representatives from Senator Mark Kirk's office, as well as other State, County and local officials.
Mayor Noak presented an informative overview of the Village's financial condition, our accomplishments in 2012 and highlighted the reasons why Romeoville has become one of the leading communities in Illinois. Most notably was bringing in 90 new businesses, which provided more than 800 additional jobs to the community in 2012, bringing our three year total to over 3,600 jobs.
Following are just some of the projects completed this year:
- Over two million dollars in street resurfacing
- Completion of the Inflow and Infiltration System including the Sewer Rehabilitation Cured-in-Place Pipelining and the Manhole Rehabilitation Projects
- Upgrades to the Woods Lift Station
- The completion of several unfinished subdivisions including Fieldstone, Creekside and Green Haven
- Purchased and demolished the former Crazy Rock Building
- Significant improvements to the White Oak Library
- The demolition of a portion of the Spartan Square building, which will begin this week
- Completed the second phase of the Veterans Memorial project
- Improvements to the Dale Blum Football Field
- Completed the O'Hara Woods Trail Development project by the Forest Preserve
Mayor Noak also highlighted new industrial development projects such as DCT, Sam's Club, Scannell properties and Mistwood golf course.
Mayor Noak mentioned several initiaties and projects for 2013 including:
- Expanding of the partnership between the community and Faith-based organizations on social service outreach and to discuss issues where religious and local leaders can be more effective within our community
- Proposing a new local Business Entrepreneur Incentive Program to encourage local residents to start new businesses in Romeoville
- The opening of the new athletic and event center and the development of the downtown retail outlots
"Romeoville has had another successful year. There is much more in the works and we look forward to unveiling those projects over the coming months. I know that we will continue to succeed and make sure Romeoville continues to be a vibrant, diverse, affordable, and safe community for all of its residents. Together we will secure the Village's future," said Mayor Noak.
The full presentation of the State of the Village will be available on the Village's website, as well as RPTV Comcast Channel 6 or AT&T Channel 99.